Bill Richards has spent his career representing clients in civil litigation matters. The majority of his practice is insurance defense, bodily injury and property damage. His courtroom experience includes numerous jury trials, arbitrations and mediations. Attorney Richards has also argued cases before the Wisconsin Court of Appeals and the Wisconsin Supreme Court. In addition to traditional courts, he is admitted to practice before the Tribal Court of the Stockbridge-Munsee Band of the Mohican Indians. He also regularly represents clients before various government boards and administrative agencies.
He has served as coordinating counsel for multi-district litigation matters in which he coordinated multi-state litigation for an international client. In addition, he has worked in ADR both as an advocate and a mediator and arbitrator. He currently is on the arbitration panel hearing claims arising out of a motor vehicle class action.
In addition to his legal practice, Attorney Richards was elected to the Bayside Village Board. He was a founder and served on the North Shore Fire Department Board of Directors, and served on the Bayside Police Review Board and the Village of Bayside Board of Review. He served as President of the Nicolet Squires youth football club and coached some of its teams.
University of Wisconsin – Madison School of Law, 1987
Valparaiso University, 1983
Supreme Court of the United States
United States Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
United States District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
Stockbridge-Munsee Band of the Mohican Tribe Tribal Court
- Rivera v. Perez, 327 Wis. 2d 467, 787 N.W.2d 882 (Wis. App. 2009).
- Lane v. Sharp Packaging Systems, Inc., 251 Wis.2d 68, 640 N.W.2d 788, (Wis. 2002).
- Kalan v. City of St. Francis, 537 U.S. 1047, 123 S. Ct. 600, 154 L. E.D.2d 519 (2002).
- Kalan v. City of St. Francis, 274 F.3d 1150, (7th Cir. 2001).
- Moulas v. PBC Productions Inc., 213 Wis. 2d 406, 570 N.W.2d 739 (Wis. App. 1997).
- Starr v. Prairie Harbor Development Co., Inc., 900 F. Supp. 230 (E.D. Wis. 1995).
- Nalco Chemical Co. v. Hydro Technologies, Inc.,149 F.R.D. 686, (E.D. Wis. 1993).
- Nalco Chemical Co. v. Hydro Technologies, Inc., 148 F.R.D. 608, (E.D. Wis. 1993).
- Nalco Chemical Co. v. Hydro Technologies, Inc., 984 F.2d 801, (7th Cir. 1993).
- Nalco Chemical Co. v. Hydro Technologies, Inc., 809 F. Supp. 672, (E.D. Wis. 1992).
- Nalco Chemical Co.v. Hydro Technologies, Inc., 791 F. Supp. 1352, (E.D. Wis. 1992).
- Holsum Foods Div. of Harvest States Cooperatives v. Home Ins. Col., 162 Wis.2d 563, 469 N.W.2d 918, (Wis. App. 1991).
- Insurance Coverage Litigation, NBI, 2001.
- Litigation for Home Inspectors, WAHI, 2002 – 2004.
- Litigation for Engineers, UWM, 2001 – 2004.
- Duty to Defend, State Bar of Wisconsin, 2006
- Update on Wisconsin Law, various carriers 2012-2018
- Service Award for being on the Board of Trustees for the Village of Bayside (2004).
- Founder Award for being on the Board of Directors for the North Shore Fire Department (2002).
- Service Recognition Award for being on the Police Commission for the Village of Bayside (2007).
- BV Peer Review by Martindale-Hubbell.